Monday, May 23, 2011

weekend snapshot


this weekend was a little hectic
(thus resulting in some very little time spent in this space)

the weekend was spent
having a picnic in our front yard
sidewalk chalk art
sushi!
rain and then sun and then rain and then sun 
(mother nature please make up your mind!)
eating lots and lots of the salad pictured above

i am currently obsessed with quinoa salad
i make mine with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers
red onions, feta cheese and a splash
of olive oil and fresh lemon juice

yum! i snacked on it all weekend!

what was your weekend filled with?

5 comments:

Alely said...

My weekend was spent celebrating my sisters birthday eating sushi! A trip to the mall with my girls, church, and lunch out with the fam after service at Mongolian place.

You need to post the recipe to that salad your snacking on. It sounds yummy!

Sandy a la Mode said...

yum yum! i LOVE quinoa!! :)

Brandi said...

I've yet to figure out how to make quinoa right. My weekend? Papers, frustration, a good movie, and Indian food. Not too bad, all said and done.

Claire Kiefer said...

I love quinoa salad, too! And lately I've discovered that putting quinoa in a regular salad (with greens) is great, too. Yum!

Unknown said...

i've had quinoa sitting in my cupboard for months now & i still haven't tried it! i really love the ingredients you included, i need to give it a try!