Monday, March 8, 2010

craft room giddiness

My hubby and I purchased our home 3 years ago. It came with an unfinished basement and we are finally getting around to finishing it! Being the lucky girl that I am, the hubby has designated one of the rooms to become my "craft room". I currently have one upstairs, but it's very small (I share it with our computer amongst other things) so I still tend to do my sewing in our kitchen.

I LOVE home decorating. I can watch HGTV 24/7 (our home improvement channel). I love to accompany friends on furniture shopping trips, to pick out paint or to look at tiles. It's fun!

A lot of people idolize actors, musicians or sports legends. I on the otherhand, idolize Sarah Richardson. I absolutely adore her interior design esthetic. It's classic traditional with a whimsical touch.

As you might have guessed, I am abosolutely giddy at the propect of decorating a whole other floor in our home! At this moment, I have been brain storming ideas for my craft room. Right now, I think my colour pallette will be all white with pops of fuschia. Something along these lines:


Here are some craft rooms I found while browsing the net:













Can you say G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S?! I can hardly contain my excitement! What are you giddy about today?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! These are some fantastic craft rooms you have found. Your hubby is such a sweetie - I'm glad because you are too and I think you deserve each other!

I am not really giddy about anything today but I do have a funny 'craft room' story.

In my parents' house, my mom's sewing room is my old bedroom. Before I moved out my mom and I got in a huge fight because I was in there laying on my bed and she came in to measure everything for her craft room upgrade. We laugh about it now but at the time it was like she just couldn't wait for me to get the heck out of there!!! Little did I know how true that was. LOL!

Catherine said...

Ahh lucky you!! Crafting a craft room will be a great project!! I love the second photo down; to me, that IS creativity - an untidy mish-mash which somehow looks so good in itself!

I am giddy because we've had three glorious days of sunshine, and flowers are popping up everywhere you turn - hard not to be giddy about that after such a nasty winter!!

cArLa said...

cool! i can't wait to see your pictures of the finished craft room!

thegirlhassparke said...

Oh my goodness look at all those gorgeous craft rooms some really great ideas.
I love the pink and white colour palette. How much fun you are going to have!

Lita said...

pretty craft rooms are so eye candies. i want to tell you huge thanks for visiting my blog. i read your "about me" page and are we sure we're not separated at birth? we have TONS in common! i feel like i just found a new best friend! lol
i'll be sure to stop by your blog everyday ^_^

Sandy said...

Ohhh my husband and I are refinishing our basement RIGHT now and I am going to have a crafting corner (not enough room for a whole room)! This was soo exciting to read this post and see your color and organization inspirations, b/c it has inspired me as well. I have added your blog to my Google Reader so I can see your transformation and maybe we can trade ideas! =)

hana.k said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving comments on my blog!
I like the color palette you're thinking of. It sounds bright and fresh and fun!

carlen said...

cool jozen! we should compare craft room notes. mine is about 80% finished. it's so nice to have a designated room to do what you love :) Can't wait to see it. I should stop by when I go and visit jen sometimes. feels like forever since I last saw you.

Craftiness NOW said...

oh, i am LOVING these craft rooms! i've been tweaking mine quite a bit and am finally happy with it, but would be thrilled to add some of these touches too :-)

Fi said...

Im looking forward to see pictures of your finished craftroom, you definitaly have great taste!

fii - swapbot