Sunday, May 8, 2011

the simple things

taken at brunch today
this is me and my mom
i have the best mom ever
i know that everyone always says that
but i really do

every meal growing up was made from scratch
even while she worked two jobs
she worked two jobs because it was important
  to her and my dad
to put my sisters and i through catholic school
which came with a big price tag (tuition wise)

when my hubs and i found out we were pregnant with zoe
she was the first person i called, and we both cried tears of
happiness over the phone
when i went into labour, she was the first person to show up at the hospital
and stayed there through out my 36 hour labour
even sleeping overnight in a chair because she didn't want to leave me

she knows sometimes (it's the mother's intuition)
that i need some "me" time
and will pick up the girls 
so that i can have a few hours to myself

when she is watching tv and is watching something
that she thinks i would be interested in
she calls me so that i can watch it too

she buys extra mangoes at the store because she knows
that zoe and pia love mangoes
these may all seem like simple things
but these simple things are what make
her the best mom

ever.




6 comments:

Eleni said...

Aw, that's so sweet! Your mum sounds like a really thoughtful person. Mother's Day in the UK was in April so I'm really enjoying all the mum-love around blogland this week!

E said...

She looks so young and beautiful! Happy (late) Mother's Day to you too!

Brandi said...

Jozen, this is such a beautiful post. Way to honor your mom! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

kim rakes said...

awe! <3 i love this post about your mama and although i don't know her personally, she has me inspired to work a little harder to get things done tomorrow. mama's are definitely irreplacable things and i hope she got a chance to read this.

ps- i. love. mangoes!

Becky said...

that's a very sweet post!

Alely said...

i love that!